cut-e has innovative, short and precise online aptitude tests
For years research has shown that aptitude tests are powerful predictors of long term professional success. Virtually no other tool provides as much added value for HR decision making with comparably small time and effort.
All ability tests in the scales suite developed by cut-e are developed in a way that it is possible to administer the tests without the presence of an administrator. Therefore, all tests cannot only be used for diagnostics, but also for online recruitment and selection processes.
Creating and using a psychometric fingerprint
Knowing how job applicants deal with psychometric assessments can prevent cheating and help you spot potential, says Dr Achim Preuss. Forensic scientists have been scouring crime scenes since the late 19th century, for one very good reason: our fingerprints are unique. Psychologists have now discovered that the way we process information and respond in assessment tests is as individual as the ridges on our fingertips. creating a ‘psychometric fingerprint’ of your candidates.
White paper adaptive testing
With the adalloc method the company cut-e offers a new and unique technology for adaptive measurement of different types of concepts. The adalloc method is suitable for measurement of competencies, personality dimensions, attitudes, interests, and values, as well as for the assessment of job requirements.
Overview scales aptitude tests
With the scales tests, cut-e provides instruments for the measurement of aptitudes for different target groups and assessment requirements:
Verbal and numerical abilities
- Numerical reasoning and interpretation - the tests from this test battery measure the ability to draw logical conclusions from complex numerical information that is presented in tables and charts. Additionally, this test measures the ability to retrieve relevant information when confronted with different type of questions.
- Numeracy - This test measures basic numeracy. Each task of the test consists of an equation with gaps and a given result. The task is to fill the gaps with numbers so that the given result is correct. The concept of the test prevents that participants using a calculator get any advantage.
- Verbal reasoning and interpretation - The tests from this test battery measure the ability to draw logical conclusions from complex verbal information. Additionally, this test measures the ability to retrieve relevant information when confronted with different type of questions.
- Understanding of basic Instructions - This test measures the ability of understanding text messages and evaluating information.
The task is to evaluate as fast as possible whether a statement that refers to a text message, is right or wrong. The underlying information texts are simple instructions or instruction manuals respectively.
Abstract logical abilities
- Inductive-logical Thinking (cls) - scales cls measures inductive logical reasoning. The task is to find out rules and interrelations which assign tables to two different categories. The discovered rules need to be applied in order to assign new tables to the adequate categories.
- Deductive-logical Thinking (fx) - scales fx measures deductive logical reasoning. The task is to find out the operating mode of an element by means of exploration. The answer format and surveyed additional data exclude that guessed answers are correct.
- Inductive-logical Thinking (ix) - scales ix measures the ability of logical thinking. The task is to find out the object that does not match the rule.
- Deductive-logical Thinking (lst) - scales lst measures the ability of deductive reasoning. The test is based on a grid containing several objects. One cell in this grid is marked by a question mark. Each object appears only once per row and per column. The task is to figure out what object should be in the cell marked with a question mark.
- Deductive-logical Thinking (sx) - scales sx measures deductive logical reasoning. The task is to choose the correct operators to receive a certain result. The answer format and surveyed additional data exclude that guessed answers are correct.
Specific cognitive abilities
- Working Memory - scales blo measures the ultra short term memory and the capacity of the sensory memory. The task is to quickly decide if the picture shown is equal to the second last picture shown.
- Informational Competence - The test clues measures the information competence in complex situations. The task is to act as a substitute for a project manager and to be responsible for his e-mail inbox. The handling of the test is analogue to modern office software; this means new e-mails arrive during the completion of the test. The instrument generates score on how effective a participant is able to distinguish between relevant and irrelevant information and about the quality of the decisions partly based on incomplete information.
- Monitoring Ability - The ability test scales cmo measures the monitoring ability. The task is to identify quickly the number of moving objects.
- Ability to Concentrate - The ability test scales E3+ measures the ability to concentrate. The task is to react on different elements in a certain way as fast as possible.
- Memory for Faces and Names - The ability test scales fan measures the memory for faces. The task is to select the correct surname of the previously shown persons. Memorizing a large number of continuously changing persons and their corresponding names is vitally important in certain occupational areas.
- Learning Efficiency - scales lct measures the ability of memorizing the right order of shortly shown objects. As the test contains multiple sections, it further measures the learning aptitude.
- Multi-tasking Capability - The test battery scales mt measures the ability to perform several tasks simultaneously (Multi-Tasking). The measurement takes place in subsequent segments, so that the gradient of the multi-tasking performance can be measured, too. Target specific versions are available for call centres, sales, aviation and drivers.
- Spatial Orientation - The ability test scales ndb measures the sense of orientation. The task is to specify the position and course of a plane relative to a non-directional beacon with the aid of a gyrocompass and a radio compass.
- Reaction Speed - The test scales rt measures the participant´s reactivity. The task is to react as fast as possible when two equal objects appear on the screen.
- 3D Spatial reasoning - The test scales spr measures spatial reasoning. The tasks consist of geometric shapes with labelled areas. The task is to create a pattern which, if folded, forms a shown geometric shape. A shape can be rotated interactively.
- Spatial Reasoning - The test scales spc measures visual thinking and also spatial ability. The task is to find mistakes in the copy of a pattern. Thereby, the copy can be rotated, mirrored or rotated and mirrored.
- Short-term Memory - The ability test scales stm measures the ability to make exact observations and the capacity of the short term memory. In several subsequent sections the participant sees a number of different pictures. The task is to memorize these pictures and to mark those pictures which are identical to the ones he/she has seen before.
- Complex Control - scales xw measures the hand-eye coordination in a complex control task.
The task is to avoid collisions in a tube whilst flying through it and encountering rotating obstacles with openings in the tube.
- Language Skills - This test battery on language skills measures adaptively the language ability by testing the three language aspects: fluency, vocabulary and spelling. These online tests contain a speed as well as a power component. Available versions: English, French, German, Norwegian, Swedish
- Calculating capacity - The test scales tmt measures the calculating capacity on the basis of four different subject areas: translation of units, rule of the three, percentage calculation and calculation of areas and spaces. A target specific version is available for the aviation industry.
- Mechanical Reasoning - scales mtu measures the mechanical-technical understanding on several topics.