Are you a problem solver? Do you love communicating with people? Are you enthusiastic and proactive? Are you keen to work in the field of office administration & customer support? If so, then this is the role for you! We at cut-e are looking for a highly motivated Support Consultant to join our UK team.
The role of Support consultant involves a range of administrative and customer support duties. Customer support can mean technical support for job applicants who complete our assessments, helping our clients with reporting and being acting in a support role to our internal team. Have a look at the below list of tasks & expectations to understand further if you would enjoy and be suited to working in this role:
Expectations & Tasks:
- Responsible for circulating incoming post and scanning across to the Finance team
- Ensuring general house-keeping and client files/accounts are in order
- Sending applicant reminder e-mails and keeping accurate, up to date records
- Proficient use of the systems and tools available to the Support Centre
- Quality checking assessments and general applicant support on our testing platforms
- Being the first point of contact for all our customer queries & providing guidance for customers via e-mail
- Delivering technical support to internal and external clients
- Liaising with the appropriate departments to enable a quick resolution for applicants
- Building strong relationships with internal colleagues
- Assisting a team of Consultants & Account Managers with administrative tasks to deliver a professional service to a portfolio of external & internal clients
- Attending and recording actions from regular internal team meetings
- Data entry, report generation and database management
Preferably 2+ years office administration/technical support
Skills & Competencies:
- Fluent in both verbal and written English
- Excellent interpersonal and IT skills
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required
- Accurate recording of data and data entry
- Excellent customer service skills
- An interest in learning and developing new skills
- Good time management skills with the ability to achieve deadlines
What you can expect from us:
- Flat hierarchies and an open, internationally minded company
- Central London location with competitive remuneration and attractive range of benefits
- Opportunity to work with a diverse range of talented, motivated colleagues who will support you to achieve your potential
- Key focus on employee wellbeing in order to achieve optimal performance for our colleagues and organisation
- We continually invest in our people, developing colleagues through a range of Learning and Development opportunities including access to our tech-enabled Learning platform ‘Aon University’
Founded in 2002, cut-e (pronounced 'cute') provides online tests, questionnaires and gamified assessments. In May 2017, global professional services firm Aon plc acquired cut-e and integrated the company into its global talent solution. cut-e and Aon, as Aon's Assessment Solutions, undertake 30 million assessments each year in 90 countries and 40 languages.
Interested?Your contact person is Ms Haddigan, telephone: +353 87 3662992.
For your application please press the button "Apply now"!